Do you have substantial experience in leading effective service delivery and the ability to inspire and motivate a team of staff and volunteers? Would you like to work in a varied Executive Director role, supporting the running of a charity that inspires young people to engage with mathematics? Do you have exceptional communication skills and experience of managing people to provide the highest level of quality and service?
The United Kingdom Mathematics Trust (UKMT) aims to advance the education of young people in mathematics, in large part through the organisation of mathematics competitions and events. The UKMT is a national charity based at the University of Leeds and you will be jointly employed by the University of Leeds and the UKMT.
Working in close collaboration with the UKMT Chair and Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will take responsibility for effective delivery of UKMT policy, producing and implementing plans for achieving UKMT strategic objectives, developing effective working relationships with a wide range of people both inside and outside the UKMT, and planning activities against budgets to ensure proper financial and organisational management of the Trust.
You will have a STEM degree and a good understanding of mathematics and its teaching at school level and preferably beyond, together with a sound understanding of the UK school system and its teaching profession. You will also have significant managerial experience and a clear understanding of governance within the framework of charity and company law.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Alastair Rucklidge, Professor of Applied Mathematics and UKMT Trustee
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 516, email: A.M.Rucklidge@leeds.ac.uk
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Mathematics & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Mathematics
Category: Professional & Managerial
Grade: Grade 9
Salary: £50,132 to £58,089 p.a.
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Sunday 18 August 2019
Downloads: Candidate Brief
- Mathematicians Have Discovered an Entirely New Way to Multiply Large Numbers – ScienceAlert
- S’wak to start teaching Science and Maths in English for Year 1 pupils – The Star Online
- #MathsWeek – Demand for DCU’s MSc in Financial Mathematics set to increase thanks to buoyant Irish economy – Dublin City University
- Students and faculty protest for math building replacement – Ubyssey Online
- GlaxoSmith Kline (GSK): Seeking AI and ML experts for data-driven drug discovery and development – Science Magazine
- Illinois Has 14 Newsweek Best STEM High Schools In 2019 – Patch.com
- Chika Ofili: 12-year-old Nigerian awarded for making mathematics easy to learn – Pulse Ghana
- The Mathematics of Malice: Why Hate Crime Stats Can’t Be Trusted – 5280 | The Denver Magazine
- Olney Junior High takes first place at TMSCA meet – Olney Enterprise
- Veteran mathematics teacher Ruth Moonesinghe announces retirement – Tiger Newspaper