Photo courtesy of MoMath
(l-r) Audrey Lee, American Dream Charter School teacher; Jose Alvarez, American Dream Charter School mathematics teacher and Cindy Lawrence, MoMath CEO and executive director.
By Robert Wirsing
The National Museum of Mathematics, the only math museum in North America, honored Jose Alvarez’s middle school class from American Dream Charter School in the Bronx as the museum’s one millionth visitor.
They presented the school with a certificate during a public celebration last week at the museum.
Posted 12:00 am, July 1, 2019
- Mathematicians Have Discovered an Entirely New Way to Multiply Large Numbers – ScienceAlert
- S’wak to start teaching Science and Maths in English for Year 1 pupils – The Star Online
- #MathsWeek – Demand for DCU’s MSc in Financial Mathematics set to increase thanks to buoyant Irish economy – Dublin City University
- Students and faculty protest for math building replacement – Ubyssey Online
- GlaxoSmith Kline (GSK): Seeking AI and ML experts for data-driven drug discovery and development – Science Magazine
- Illinois Has 14 Newsweek Best STEM High Schools In 2019 – Patch.com
- Chika Ofili: 12-year-old Nigerian awarded for making mathematics easy to learn – Pulse Ghana
- The Mathematics of Malice: Why Hate Crime Stats Can’t Be Trusted – 5280 | The Denver Magazine
- Olney Junior High takes first place at TMSCA meet – Olney Enterprise
- Veteran mathematics teacher Ruth Moonesinghe announces retirement – Tiger Newspaper