Maddie Ursell at 7:01am 14th July 2019.
Provisional results show there has been a 1% rise in results from last year where 62% of 11-year-old pupils met or exceeded the governments standards in reading, writing and maths.
This is a 7% rise since 2017.
National reading, writing and maths results for 2019 are 65% and since the new exam framework was introduced in 2016, West Sussex have improved its reading, writing and maths results by 17% against a national result of 11%.
“I am pleased to again see a rise in our SATs results across the age ranges and although we are still slightly below national figures, I’m encouraged that we continue to see improvements.
“This is all down to the hard work of pupils and the strong support they received from their schools.
“These improved results match the rise in the number of schoolchildren attending good and outstanding Ofsted-rated schools, the highest it’s been since 2016, as a result of our positive partnership-working with schools.”
Richard Burrett, West Sussex County Council
KS2 results in mathematics increased by 3% to 76% from 2018, writing by 1% to 76%, while reading matched the national average of 73%, dropping 3%. Grammar, punctuation and spelling remained at 75%.
KS1 results also continued to rise and narrow the gap with national averages. 75% reach or exceed the standard in reading, 74% in mathematics and 68% in writing – an 8% rise since 2017.
Early Years results in West Sussex also rose to match national averages of 72% attaining a Good Level of Development.
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading