Hrithik Roshan, whose film Super 30 opened in theatres today, tweeted a message for his fans and movie-goers, in which he wrote about how he managed to play the role of Patna-based mathematician Anand Kumar despite his dislike for mathematics as a kid. “As a child, math certainly wasn’t one of my favourite subjects but as an actor love is an emotion I strongly connect with. It was the chemistry between Anand and mathematics that translates into pure romance. So, with all the love in my heart, I present Super 30 to my audience,” read his tweet. Anand Kumar trains a batch of 30 aspiring IIT candidates every year and the name of the movie is directly drawn from Mr Kumar’s coaching program ‘Super 30’ – started in 2002 – as part of which 30 financially weak students from Patna are trained for IIT admissions every year.
As a child Math certainly wasn’t one of my favorite subjects, but as an actor love is an emotion I strongly connect with. It was the chemistry between Anand & mathematics that translates into pure romance. So with all the love in my heart, I present #Super30 to my audience. pic.twitter.com/PD3LfRG8HE
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) July 12, 2019
On the days leading up to the film’s release, Hrithik Roshan wrote a note of gratitude for his real-life “super teachers” – his grandfather and also his speech therapist. The 45-year-old actor, who struggled with stammering as a kid, composed a heartfelt tweet and wrote: “#MySuperTeacher – My Nana who I lovingly call Deda, for the lessons he has taught me at every stage of my life, which I share with my kids now. And Dr Oza, my speech therapist as a child, who taught me to accept my weakness and helped me overcome my fear of stammer.”
#MySuperTeacher – My Nana who I lovingly call Deda, for the lessons he has taught me at every stage of my life, which I share with my kids now. And Dr Oza, my speech therapist as a child, who taught me to accept my weakness and helped me overcome my fear of stammer. pic.twitter.com/TCw1qW3Bg0
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) July 5, 2019
On Friday, Hrithik Roshan’s much-awaited movie opened to receive middling reviews. Talking about the makers’ decision to bronze up Hrithik Roshan’s look as a Bihari character, film critic Saibal Chatterjee wrote in his review for NDTV: “The idea to bronze up Hrithik Roshan so that he can impersonate Anand Kumar is anything but super: it is a formula that equals zero.”
Super 30 also stars Mrunal Thakur and marks Hrithik’s first film after 2017’s Kaabil.
(With IANS inputs)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.
- New technique developed to detect autism in children – EurekAlert
- Gujarat Board to offer Mathematics to Non-Science Students from this year onwards – Jagran Josh
- Institute of Mathematics & Application (IMA) Recruitment 2019 for Professor Posts – Jagran Josh
- Help with primary school mathematics — September is just nine weeks away – Galway Advertiser
- Government Launches Effort to Strengthen Math Skills & Improve Job Prospects – Government of Ontario News
- Chaiwalla to Doctor: 5 Teachers Providing Free JEE/NEET Coaching to Needy Students – The Better India
- A celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) – Daily Trust
- Sum of a life – THE WEEK
- Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Mathematics in South Holland, Delft – IamExpat in the Netherlands
- Standing in Galileo’s shadow: Why Thomas Harriot should take his place in the scientific hall of fame – OUPblog