The Virginia Department of Education has recognized Colonial Beach Elementary School for the continuous academic growth of its students. Colonial Beach Elementary School has been honored with the 2019 Board of Education’s Continuous Improvement Award through its Exemplar School Recognition Program. State Superintendent, Dr. James Lane, congratulated Colonial Beach Elementary School on being one of the first schools to receive this recognition.
The Virginia State Board of Education recently established the Exemplar School Recognition Program. This program measures the performance of students from competence toward excellence in reading, mathematics, and science. Also included are other indicators of school quality consistent with the Standards of Accreditation.
The faculty and staff at Colonial Beach Elementary School have worked diligently with students to improve attendance, and to increase student performance on standardized assessments. They have also worked tirelessly to advance student growth in academic areas such as reading and mathematics. This award signifies that their efforts have been worthwhile.
Congratulations to Colonial Beach Elementary School for the recognition of their exemplary work!
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- A mathematics whizz – Midrand Reporter
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India