This grant will study barriers for women in STEM and how to tear those barriers down.
Recruiting women to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields is a national issue. Once women enter these fields, they face more hurdles and obstacles.
A group from Missouri State University recently received a grant to study and promote gender equity in STEM fields.
“This is an exciting opportunity,” said Dr. Frank Einhellig, provost and principal investigator on the project. “I look forward to working with my team to develop strategies that advance gender opportunities in STEM areas at Missouri State.”
About the project
There are three main goals for this grant:
- Identify barriers that prevent women STEM faculty at Missouri State from advancing in their careers.
- Pilot equity strategies for systemic change.
- Develop a research-based and data-driven five-year equity strategic plan for STEM faculty.
Along with Einhellig, the people working on this project are:
The team will conduct an institutional self-assessment to understand the current status of women faculty in STEM. This includes a comprehensive review of retention, promotion and tenure (RPT) policies and related procedures and practices.
According to the grant, the team will use intersectional approaches throughout the project. Gender, race and ethnicity do not exist in isolation from each other and other categories of social identity.
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading