Brian Poller writes,
Math is better than magic. It has secret symbols unlocking special knowledge. I just think that math is cool. But to be honest, I was never a great math student. I never enjoyed studying or taking math tests. I struggled through high school and college courses, and yet I still believed that math was just plain cool.
I was also inspired by an awesome book called Men of Mathematics by E.T. Bell. It’s a dramatization of historical mathematicians. After reading that book, I thought about how these characters could live again as super-heroes and super villains.
Now I’m very proud to share the beginning of my story of “The Masters of Mathematics” now live on Kickstarter.
The story starts with a dramatic retelling of the tragic death of Galois, in a duel in 1832.
Then we move 300 years into the future, to a world of clones, replicants, duplicates, and brain implants. Gauss, a young clone, is introduced with a building mystery.
Meanwhile, Galois has been resurrected as a clone. He is now the malevolent head of a defense conglomerate, eager to enact his revenge with his new discovery of anti-gravity.
And that’s just the beginning of the story. There’s a ton of action, characters and suspense built into this first issue of the Master’s of Mathematics.
And for the cherry on top, there’s going to be math. Finally. There’s going to be really cool math. I’m really proud of the story and art. I hope you’ll check out my Kickstarter.
For a limited time, I’ll offer an immediate discount for any Bleeding Cool readers. Please take a look!
- Matric Exams: Technical Mathematics Paper 1 past paper 2018 – IOL
- CBSE 10th Maths sample paper 2020, exam pattern & important tips: Mathematics Basic & Mathematics Standar – Times of India
- Eskom Foundation rewards achievers in mathematics – ESI Africa
- On World Mathematics Day, Vidya Balan Promotes Shakuntala Devi Biopic with a Number Game – News18
- Second week of HSC wraps up, Bathurst students complete Mathematics exams – Western Advocate
- West Salem robotics teacher wins presidential award – Salem Reporter
- ‘Bala’: Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam’s cute love mathematics is unmissable! – Times of India
- Nappi Scholarship Awards $85,000 to 17 Hudson Valley Students – Patch.com
- 15-Year-Old Becomes India’s Youngest To Win Gold At International Maths Olympiad – The Logical Indian
- Computer science and mathematics: Equality in proof assistants based on type theory – Open Access Government