Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, July 13
Tables are an important part of mathematics and if one wants to be quick in solving problems of mathematics, one of the pre-requisites is to have tables on tips. Keeping this in view, the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has decided that students should lay stress on learning tables.
Inderjeet Singh, director of the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), has instructed school heads and teachers of mathematics, across the state, to increase computational skills of students. It has also made it necessary that they should know tables by heart.
He said: “Students of Class VI to VIII should know the tables from one to 20 orally, and for the same, five minutes daily should be devoted for drilling and dodging tables. Before the school gets over, all students of middle school should be assembled together and the drill of learning tables should be done. It should be made a routine. Teachers should encourage students to make charts for learning tables. Flash cards can also be pasted at the first and last page of the notebooks of students.”
It has also been instructed that students could be asked to prepare a table book on their own and to learn them while preparing the book. In addition to this, competitions should be organised at school-level which will further give the initiative a boost.
Hartej Singh, a Class III student, said daily learning in the school has increased his command over tables considerably and hopefully will master them in no time.
Steps to be taken
- Five minutes to be devoted every day for drilling and dodging tables
- Regular competitions to be held at the school-level
- Students to prepare their own table book
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading