Kalantari Farewell Memorial Arrangements Pending
June 5, 2019
MACOMB, IL — Farewell memorial arrangements are pending for Western Illinois University Mathematics Professor and Chair Emeritus Iraj Kalantari, who passed away June 2 in Chicago.
He retired from WIU in May 2018 after 40 years of service. Kalantari had served as department chair since 1999. Kalantari started his career at Western Illinois University in 1978, and was granted tenure in 1982. He held posts at the University of California at Santa Barbara and Cornell University, where he received his Ph.D. in mathematics in 1976. Kalantari earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin.
He has received three outstanding faculty awards from WIU, a researcher of the year award from Sigma Xi Society and an outstanding researcher award from the College of Arts and Sciences. Each year, the Department of Mathematics hosted a Mathematics Teachers Conference on the WIU-Macomb campus, and for many years, Kalantari served as the conference host and emcee.
In Spring 2018, WIU hosted the Symbolic Logic Conference, which Kalantari co-coordinated and served as a member of the conference planning committee. He delivered the 2015 University Last Lecture and the 2009 University Hallwas Lecture. Kalantari had presented at numerous professional conferences over the years, as well as authored and co-authored numerous articles in professional publications. In 2003, Kalantari was one of two educators on an international team of eight mathematicians who organized the Logic, Algebra and Arithmetic Conference at The Institute of Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics in Tehran, Iran, Kalentari’s hometown.
For more information, visit AJCFSOD.com.
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading