India’s second lunar mission, Chandrayaan-2 took off to its destination in July, taking a billion dreams to space. The homegrown spacecraft of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is on its way to the most challenging mission that the Indian space agency has ever embarked upon. India now stands at the cusp to become the fourth country to have landed on the Moon and most notably, the first country to have ever ventured in the lunar South Pole region in the world.
The spectacular launch of Chandrayaan-2 will be forever etched in all our memories. But, little do we know that Vedic mathematics also had a role to play in it. It has now emerged that ISRO consulted Govardhan Matha, a Hindu monastery, to help dispel some doubts it had at the time of the launch. Reportedly, ISRO scientists sought the advice of Puri Shankaracharya Nischalananda Saraswati for his expertise in Vedic math.
A reputed Vedic mathematician and scholar, Swami Shankaracharya is the crowned head of the Govardhan monastery since 1992 and the 145th Shankaracharya of the order. According to Shankaracharya, there is an important connection of water and Earth to Moon in Vishnu Puran and Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta.
“As per the Bhishma Parva or the Book of Bhishma, the sixth books in the epic Mahabharata, the diameter of the Moon is 11,000 yojana (1 yojana = approx 12.2 km), and its circumference is 33,000 yojana. These were some of the Vedic calculations that the scientists hoped to incorporate into the lunar mission,” the Shankaracharya told DNA India.
- Trader’s Buzzers::Protech Home Medical Corp, (TSX (Venture):PTQ) – Keep Reading
- Guide To Trend Direction ::B2Gold Corp, (TSX (Toronto):BTO) – Keep Reading
- Is Stock’s Performance Impressive?:Cameco Corp, (TSX (Toronto):CCO) – Keep Reading
- Stock’s Technical Analysis ::Eldorado Gold, (TSX (Toronto):ELD) – Keep Reading
- Analysts’ Review::Thescore Inc, (TSX (Venture):SCR) – Keep Reading
- Northland Power Inc, TSX (Toronto):NPI, NPI – Keep Reading
- The 2019 CAPE scholars – Nation News
- USC student wins silver medal in China math contest – SunStar Philippines
- Bradford Grammar School 2019 A Level results – ExaminerLive
- OHIO receives $1.7 million grant to study potential treatment for skin cancer – EurekAlert