FHSU University Relations
Fort Hays State University’s Dr. Janet Stramel, associate professor of teacher education, was recently elected to serve as president of the Kansas Association of Teachers and Mathematics.
Stramel will serve as KATM president for the 2019-2020 year and will lead more than 30,000 elementary and secondary math teachers across Kansas.
KATM, an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, fosters an engaged community to advance effective practices in teaching and learning mathematics throughout Kansas.
Goals of KATM include: to create and maintain greater interest in the learning and teaching of mathematics; to provide opportunities for professional growth and development of teachers of mathematics; to provide a forum through which educators can discuss and respond to issues and activities affecting mathematics education in Kansas and the nation; to promote the value of learning mathematics; and to foster cordial relations among and between various groups in Kansas who are interested in and impacted by mathematics education in Kansas.
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- A mathematics whizz – Midrand Reporter
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India