FHSU University Relations
Fort Hays State University’s Dr. Janet Stramel, associate professor of teacher education, was recently elected to serve as president of the Kansas Association of Teachers and Mathematics.
Stramel will serve as KATM president for the 2019-2020 year and will lead more than 30,000 elementary and secondary math teachers across Kansas.
KATM, an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, fosters an engaged community to advance effective practices in teaching and learning mathematics throughout Kansas.
Goals of KATM include: to create and maintain greater interest in the learning and teaching of mathematics; to provide opportunities for professional growth and development of teachers of mathematics; to provide a forum through which educators can discuss and respond to issues and activities affecting mathematics education in Kansas and the nation; to promote the value of learning mathematics; and to foster cordial relations among and between various groups in Kansas who are interested in and impacted by mathematics education in Kansas.
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading