MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine delegation in at the 15th International Mathematics Contest (IMC) in Singapore took home over 180 medals as they competed against 14 other countries.
The Mathematics Trainers Guild-Philippines (MTG) said that the Philippine delegation bagged 27 gold, 54 silver and 108 bronze medals from the competition.
Aside from the medals, the delegation also received 80 merit awards.
Other competing nations in the contest, which was held in from August 2 to 5, included Australia, Bulgaria, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The Philippine delegation was headed by Felix Romy Triambulo, schools division superintendent of Zamboanga City, as well as team leaders Manuel Kotah, Arvie Ubarro, Myrna Agtarap and Resicito Navarro.
“Congratulations to our Filipino students for achieving a bountiful harvest of medals this year at IMC. We commend them for their hard work,” said MTG president Dr. Isidro Aguilar.
In 2018, the Philippines took home 27 gold, 53 silver and 116 bronze medals at the 14th IMC in Singapore.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
- Trader’s Buzzers::Protech Home Medical Corp, (TSX (Venture):PTQ) – Keep Reading
- Guide To Trend Direction ::B2Gold Corp, (TSX (Toronto):BTO) – Keep Reading
- Is Stock’s Performance Impressive?:Cameco Corp, (TSX (Toronto):CCO) – Keep Reading
- Stock’s Technical Analysis ::Eldorado Gold, (TSX (Toronto):ELD) – Keep Reading
- Analysts’ Review::Thescore Inc, (TSX (Venture):SCR) – Keep Reading
- Northland Power Inc, TSX (Toronto):NPI, NPI – Keep Reading
- The 2019 CAPE scholars – Nation News
- USC student wins silver medal in China math contest – SunStar Philippines
- Bradford Grammar School 2019 A Level results – ExaminerLive
- OHIO receives $1.7 million grant to study potential treatment for skin cancer – EurekAlert