College Notes appear on a space-available basis. To submit an announcement, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put College Notes in the subject line. Announcements can also be mailed to College Notes, Times Herald-Record, P.O. Box 2046, Middletown 10940.
The following local residents have earned a degree from Western Governors University (WGU). The online, nonprofit university held its 70th (Orlando, Florida); 71st (Cincinnati, Ohio); and 72nd (Anaheim, California) commencement ceremonies this year to celebrate the graduation of more than 22,000 students from across the country.
• Matthew Laroe of Chester has earned his Master of Education, Learning and Technology
• Shawn Springer of Goshen has earned his MBA, IT Management
• Michele Olszanecki of Middletown has earned her Master of Science, Nursing – Leadership and Management (RN to MSN)
• Nancy Palmer of Otisville has earned her Bachelor of Science, Nursing
* * *
Shortly before graduation, several Mount Saint Mary College Business students were honored for excellence in their field.
•Killian Markuson of Wallkill, who graduated Magna Cum Laude. Markuson earned The Excellence in Business Award, presented to an Orange County resident by The Orange County Chamber of Commerce.
•Jason Wojciechowicz of Walden, who graduated Summa Cum Laude. Wojciechowicz earned The Mount Saint Mary College Business Faculty Award for Academic Excellence.
•Crystal Graham of Chester, who graduated Magna Cum Laude. Graham earned the Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society Award for Academic Excellence.
* * *
The following were winners of the new Windsor Fire Department Scholarship Program sponsored by the New Windsor Fire Department.
•Heather Padilla Seaton of New Windsor. She is the daughter of Al Padilla. Heather is majoring in Mathematics Education at Western Governors University.
•Matthew Babcock of New Windsor.He is the son of John Babcock. Matthew is majoring in Exercise Science at Concordia University – St. Paul.
* * *
Margaret Grace Kallus of Montgomery, received a BS degree summa cum laude Phi Beta Kappa from Washington and Lee University on May 23. Kallus majored in Mathematics and Economics.
* * *
Matthew Stridiron, a co-valedictorian of NFA class of 2019, is now one of 300 students nationwide to obtain the Gates Scholarship, which was started last year by The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation for minority students from low-income circumstances. The student chosen must be a high school senior with at cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and be enrolled in a four year college.
Matthew will attend Columbia University and wants to pursue a degree in engineering and cyber security.
* * *
Anthony Vaccaro of Monroe, was among the 4,534 members of the Class of 2019, the largest graduating class in UMass Lowell’s history, Vaccaro received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics.
* * *
The following local students have been named to the 2019 spring semester dean’s list at Simmons University in Boston.
•Eliana Lopez, of Port Jervis
•Cierra Martin, of Rock Tavern
* * *
Dana Carey of Monroe, a Sophomore majoring in Zoology, has been named to the President’s list for the Fall 2018 and the Spring 2019 semesters at SUNY Oswego.
- Picture this: ICERM program explores imagery of mathematics – Mirage News
- Guyanese students win top CAPE, CSEC awards – Stabroek News
- Science Hill student scores perfect 36 on ACT, looks to future in mathematics – Johnson City Press (subscription)
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Particle Physics job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 183584 – Times Higher Education (THE)
- A math problem: How Delhi government is trying to get students to learn this subject better – The Indian Express
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics-Basic Sample Question Paper 2020 with Solution – Jagran Josh
- Stock In The Spotlight :: PagSeguro Digital Ltd., (NYSE: PAGS) – Keep Reading
- Love Or Hate:: Clovis Oncology, Inc., (NASDAQ: CLVS) – Keep Reading
- Present Valuation:: New Residential Investment Corp., (NYSE: NRZ) – Keep Reading
- Shocking Alteration:: Workday, Inc., (NASDAQ: WDAY) – Keep Reading