Boulder-based SpaceNav, an engineering and applied mathematics company, has been awarded a new contract by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to deliver subject matter expertise for Space Situational Awareness operations.
NOAA’s operational fleet of spacecraft resides in both Low Earth Orbit and Geosynchronous Earth Orbit, and requires real-time safety of flight risk quantification and mitigation, precision orbit determination as well as mission production generation.
SpaceNav’s SSA solutions to NOAA will include automated collision risk assessment and optimal collision avoidance planning, data association and orbit determination using information from both commercial and government sensors, and maneuver detection/maneuver reconstruction for other close-proximity spacecraft, according to a news release. NOAA will leverage SpaceNav’s AdvancedSSA.com software as a service-based platform to monitor high-interest SSA events and retrieve recommended courses of action.
“NOAA’s continued commitment to improving SSA operations by embracing new ideas and new technologies ensures mission success as the operational needs change,” SpaceNav’s founder and president, Matthew Duncan said in a statement.
- Trader’s Buzzers::Protech Home Medical Corp, (TSX (Venture):PTQ) – Keep Reading
- Guide To Trend Direction ::B2Gold Corp, (TSX (Toronto):BTO) – Keep Reading
- Is Stock’s Performance Impressive?:Cameco Corp, (TSX (Toronto):CCO) – Keep Reading
- Stock’s Technical Analysis ::Eldorado Gold, (TSX (Toronto):ELD) – Keep Reading
- Analysts’ Review::Thescore Inc, (TSX (Venture):SCR) – Keep Reading
- Northland Power Inc, TSX (Toronto):NPI, NPI – Keep Reading
- The 2019 CAPE scholars – Nation News
- USC student wins silver medal in China math contest – SunStar Philippines
- Bradford Grammar School 2019 A Level results – ExaminerLive
- OHIO receives $1.7 million grant to study potential treatment for skin cancer – EurekAlert