Research / Academic
Taking into account the current gender diversity we especially ask female candidates to apply.
We offer a full-time tenure track position, but candidates preferring a part-time position are also explicitly invited to apply. The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in research and preferably have experience in teaching and supervision of students. Her responsibilities include:
- Setting up a successful research programme.
- Acquiring and managing externally funded projects.
- Participating in our teaching programme, which includes service teaching for engineering students.
The candidate will also be responsible for teaching and supervising students and interns at various levels (Bachelor, Master, and PhD).
A Tenure Track, a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate or full Professor, offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During the Tenure Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognised academic. We offer a structured career and personal development programme designed to offer individual academics as much as support as possible.
The candidate is a (preferably) female university graduate with a PhD in Mathematics in a viable and promising area, related to research directions present at DIAM and complementing the institute’s research portfolio in a meaningful way. She has a proven track record of excellence in her research field, as evidenced by refereed publications in top quality journals. She is a future leader in her field. The candidate is able to make significant contributions to research, is an enthusiastic team player, and has excellent communication skills. She shows the potential to be an inspired and dedicated teacher.
At the start of the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years. Section leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant Professor position. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
36 – 40 hours per week
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- A mathematics whizz – Midrand Reporter
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India