Spend any time working with post-processing applications, and you will probably end up using blending modes sooner rather than later. They’re incredibly useful and fundamental to most workflows, but how do they actually work? This highly informative video will dive deep into the theory behind blending modes and how they work.
Coming to you from Filmmaker IQ, this excellent video will show you everything you could ever want to know about blending modes in Photoshop. At their core, blending modes are simply mathematical formulas that tell Photoshop or a similar application how to take RGB data from two layers and combine it. These formulas are carefully tailored to provide different aesthetic results. While you of course don’t need to memorize a few dozen math equations to work with blending modes, seeing how they operate under the hood and getting an intuitive feel for how the most commonly used modes combine data can help you to better choose the proper one and use them to make more powerful results and explore creative ideas. Personally, I’m interested to see if we’ll eventually get some new formulas and blending modes one day. Check out the video above for the full rundown!
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- A mathematics whizz – Midrand Reporter
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India