Grade 5 learner at Summerhill Preparatory School Nicolene Reddy. Photo: Supplied
Summerhill Preparatory School is excited for the academic achievements of learner Nicolene Reddy.
Nicolene is involved in an extra-curricular organisation, A+Students.
Teacher at the school David Bolton said, “This is a Japanese method of education that teaches children as young as two years old to solve complex arithmetic problems by playing with educational toys like the Soroban and A+Play Maths range of educational toys.”
Nicolene attended the organisation’s mathematics competition on 11 May. Bolton added, “This competition was attended by students from different provinces. Nicolene achieved the highest result placing her as a winner regionally.”
In July, Nicolene will be competing in the national competition in order to secure a spot in the international team which will travel to Thailand and compete against A+Students in August.
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India
- Vanderbilt faculty earn $1.2M grant to support STEM majors who want to teach – Vanderbilt University News