This is the best result ever achieved by Malta in this challenge, with an overall second place.
This annual mental mathematics international championship is a mathematics competition for students aged between 6 and 15 years old. Maltese students in different year groups, in both primary and secondary schools, have participated in one of nine different categories depending on their age.
257,259 students of 45 nationalities participated in the 13th edition of the Supermatik Mental Maths Challenge.
This competition promotes interest in mental mathematics and it provides students with another opportunity to reinforce their skills in number and mental calculations through constructive play. Nonetheless, this competition aims at honing and celebrating talent in mental mathematics.
The Ministry for Education and Employment commended all the schools that embraced this opportunity, stating that class teachers, together with their Senior Leadership Teams and educators supporting these schools, including the Maths Support Teachers (Primary) and the Heads of Department (Mathematics) have provided yet another learning opportunity for the students.
- Teaching Math with Technology: 8 Virtual Resources – The Tech Edvocate
- R20 000 boost for each of Steenberg school’s math champions | Cape Times – Independent Online
- UI releases 2019/2020 admission cut-off marks – P.M. News
- SIU Carbondale awards 25 Chancellor’s Scholarships for 2019-2020 – SIU News
- NVS Exam Analysis 2019- PGT/TGT/AC/MISC (17th-20th Sept): Questions Asked & Difficulty Level – Jagran Josh
- Sensory activities at Sumiton Christian – Daily Mountain Eagle
- Dutch writers at Gothenburg Bookfair (26 – 29/09) | News item – The Netherlands and You
- Poor KZN school honoured for excellence in maths | Daily News – Independent Online
- First Ever Picture of a Black Hole Scoops $3-Million Prize – Scientific American
- Maine semifinalists named in the 2020 National Merit® Scholarship Program – Bangor Daily News