This is the best result ever achieved by Malta in this challenge, with an overall second place.
This annual mental mathematics international championship is a mathematics competition for students aged between 6 and 15 years old. Maltese students in different year groups, in both primary and secondary schools, have participated in one of nine different categories depending on their age.
257,259 students of 45 nationalities participated in the 13th edition of the Supermatik Mental Maths Challenge.
This competition promotes interest in mental mathematics and it provides students with another opportunity to reinforce their skills in number and mental calculations through constructive play. Nonetheless, this competition aims at honing and celebrating talent in mental mathematics.
The Ministry for Education and Employment commended all the schools that embraced this opportunity, stating that class teachers, together with their Senior Leadership Teams and educators supporting these schools, including the Maths Support Teachers (Primary) and the Heads of Department (Mathematics) have provided yet another learning opportunity for the students.
- Jamaican students to participate in OECD survey – Jamaica Observer
- Women who don’t know how to cook don’t know mathematics – MP – GhanaWeb
- UC Irvine algorithm solves Rubik’s Cube in just 1 second – University of California
- Scientists create Ramanujan Machine: what’s it for, why name it after him? – The Indian Express
- Migrant students immersed in engineering – Foothills Sun Gazette
- How bad is the gender diversity crisis in AI research? Study analysing 1.5million arxiv papers says it’s “serious” – Packt Hub
- For the perfect martini, thank fluid mechanics – The Science Show – ABC News
- A mathematics whizz – Midrand Reporter
- Shakuntala Devi: Numero Uno in Math Wizardry – Hindustan Times
- US-settled siblings keen to teach Madurai students math for free – Times of India